Monday, June 27, 2011

Gestational Diabetes

Gestational Diabetes (GD)-
So I'm Gestational Diabetes or at least we think I am. I did the one hour glucose test and failed. I refused to take the 3 hour test. Instead my doctor has me get a glucose meter and test myself every morning for a fast reading and then at least one other time that day and hour after eating. When I eat something that isn't on a GD diet my numbers would be just out of range at the end of an hour. I was already eating a GD diet before I took my 1 hour glucose test. It stinks that I am now eating that way because I have to.
Daily diet- (too boring but you do what you have to do)
breakfast: 2-3 eggs, normally scrambled, sometimes with a slice of whole wheat bread toasted. Optional breakfast cracked wheat berries cooked overnight in the crock pot.
Lunch: open faced pb&j using sugar-free jelly, or bean burrito on a low carb tortilla, or a hot dog cut open with chili inside covered in cheese.
Dinner: the hot dog with chili and cheese, or a bun-less black bean burger with cheese, or a bun-less beef burger with cheese, or a less than full  serving size of whole wheat pasta with a heavy meat sauce (chicken or beef). Every mean is served with a side of veggies.
Sweet tooth fixes: open face pb&j, sugar free jello, sugar free pudding, 1 scoop of sugar free ice cream.
snacks: low carb yogurt, cheese stick, open face pb&j, almonds (carry them in my purse or diaper bag EVERYWHERE I go).
Working towards drinking 1 gallon of water a day. I've learned that I need to be better about taking water bottles with me everywhere I go. I'm in and out of my house and if I'm out I end up either not drinking anywhere enough water, or I break down and spend outrageous prices on a bottle of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment