Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week 5

Day 1 (Monday):
I'm haven't started with real morning sickness yet. Thank-goodness, all I've had so far is a few nauseated moments.
Small bowl of Quaker Oat Squares with skim milk for breakfast. Turkey and swiss sandwich with whole grain bread and light mayo for lunch. Had a Fiber bar for a snack. Dinner consisted of whole wheat spaghetti with red sauce, and 3 point of lean ground beef with a side of green beans. An orange and a sugar free hot chocolate.
Exercise- Made an extra effort at the grocery store to walk up and down every isle. I know that its not much exercise but its something more than I would have done otherwise. 
Day 2 (Tuesday):
I had a bit a nausea after lunch but laying down for a little bit helped.
Today I ate: 2 eggs  for breakfast with a glass of skim milk. An orange for a mid-morning snack. Lunch was a grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, no butter. Afternoon snack of a fiber bar and sweet pepper slices. Dinner was chicken fajitas (7 points). Late night cup of hot chocolate.
Exercise- Went for a walk today. Pushed my toddler in the stroller. We walked up and down in our neighborhood. For a bit of extra exercise out of the walk, I did switchbacks on a long section of straight road.
Day 3 (Wednesday): 
Felt like I did good today. Breakfast consisted of a glass of skim milk  and a glass of orange juice with toast and a fried egg. For lunch my son and I went to Chipotle, we shared the chicken burrito, with rice and black beans, no cheese or sour cream, total calories 740, and we shared it about 1/3 to 2/3. I had an orange as a snack after we got home. For dinner I had started to get chills so my husband cooked up a frozen California Pizza Kitchen pizza, I had 3 slices which is 348 calories. Since I wasn't feeling well I had two more 8 ounce glasses or orange juice over the course of the evening.
Exercise- While at the "big box" store, we looped around the outer walk way twice before starting our shopping. Then took a 3.5 mile walk in the afternoon. This walk wasn't brisk or doing anything special it was just a long casual walk.
Day 4 (Thursday):
Feeling sick and not pregnancy sick. All three of us are sick. I think we have the flu. My husband, the only one who didn't get a flu shot, has been completely knocked out. My fever never got above 99.5 degrees F. And our son's fever stayed low grade too. The worst of it was that my head felt like it was going to explode every time I stood up, combined with the nausea I couldn't stand for more than a minute at a time.
Since I didn't feel so great I ate less and drank more. Breakfast was an extra small bowl of Quaker Oat Squares with skim milk, a few glasses of orange juice, lunch was a pb&j with sugar free jam. Dinner we ordered pizza from Papa Johns since neither of us had the strength to make anything. I had 3 slices of a their Works pizza with was 990 Calories. One more glass of orange juice and a cup of hot chocolate before going to bed. 
Day 5 (Friday):
We still aren't all the way well. My husband stayed home from work again. Our son seems to be feeling the best. I am mostly feeling better. I still have a bit of a headache remaining. Breakfast was another small bowl of Quaker Oat Squares with skim milk. Lunch was a piece of reheated pizza and dinner was another pieces of leftover pizza. Then later I had a pb&j, in hopes that eating something might make my stomach feel a bit better. Before going to bed I ate an orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment